Join us for a fun and family-friendly activity for your employees, students or family. Local businesses, organizations, schools and community members are invited to create a scarecrow or scarecrow scene to be displayed from mid-September through October. Creating and submitting a scarecrow into the contest is not only a great opportunity to help the schools in our area, but also get your name out in the community.
When the fundraiser is over, feel free to donate your hay bales to Texas Equine Experience and Sanctuary. They Rescue, Rehab, and Rehome horses and donkeys that have health issues or have been abandoned and would be happy with any hay donations.
- Each entry is required to complete the registration form and submit payment. Forms can be found at granburydoorandwindow.net/
- Payments may be submitted online, for a processing fee, or via check or cash at the GDW office at 211 M & M Ranch Road, Suite 106.
- You may have more than one entry… home, business, classroom, etc. Each entry is a separate fee.
- Entries will be received until October 15. Entry is complete when registration form and payment are received.
- Violent, scary, bloody, or grotesque scarecrow designs are prohibited.
- Winners will be announced October 19. All winners will get a “trophy sign” to display in front of your scarecrow.
- School, class, or organization entries may be placed on school property with school administration permission.
- Entry fees:
Home – $15
School Class/Organization – $15
Business – $25
- By entering the contest, you give GDW permission to post entries on Facebook and/or the fundraiser website, granburydoorandwindow.net/
To be eligible for voting, all entries must be posted to your Facebook and/or Instagram page and tag Granbury Door and Window. You may also email your entry to [email protected]. If emailing, the subject line should read “scarecrow fundraiser”.
You may participate with multiple entries. Each entry is a separate entry fee, but may be posted or sent in one email. Please give a title and brief description of your scarecrow or scarecrow scene.
1. Best use of windows, doors, and/or gorilla.
2. Most creative
3. Online votes
We will choose one winner in each category – home, school, and business. There will be nine winners total. Judging will be Thursday, October 19. Winners will receive a “trophy sign” to display with your masterpiece. Winners will also have the option to display your winning scarecrow at the City of Granbury Fall Festival on October 31.
To learn how to make your own scarecrow, check out our Pinterest page